Are you getting “you are not connected to the router’s WiFi network” error? Are you unable to access the Netgear Genie setup page? If your answer to the questions is in yes, here are the tips you should try to fix routerlogin-net not working error. Let’s take the plunge!
- First things first, make sure that your Netgear router is plugged in properly and receiving continuous power supply.
- Once done, grab an Ethernet cable. Connect your Netgear router to your modem.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled device to the default router’s SSID.
- Open a web browser on your PC or laptop.
- Head towards the browser’s address bar.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com. Ensure that you are using the correct web address. Apart from that, ensure that you are not using the browser’s search bar.
- Press Enter.
- Netgear Genie Setup screen displays.
- Enter the default Netgear router login password.
Note: If you previously changed the username and password for your Netgear router, the default login details will no longer work. So, ensure to use the correct ones.
That’s it! In this way, you can access routerlogin-net web address without hassle. Still routerlogin-net not working for you? Try this out!
- Update the WiFi-enabled device that you are using to access routerlogin-net web address.
- Update the internet browser as well. Bear in mind that an outdated internet browser version is not compatible with routerlogin-net.
- Using a different browser might also resolve routerlogin-net not working error for you. For instance, if you normally use Google Chrome, try accessing the routerlogin-net page using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (for Apple or iOS devices).
- Use the default Netgear router IP address instead of routerlogin-net. The IP address of your Netgear router is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Still the Same?
- Try connecting to your Netgear router in a different way. For example, if you’re using an Ethernet connection, try connecting your Netgear router and your modem using a WiFi connection.
- Try using a different WiFi-enabled device (phone, tablet, laptop or desktop) to access routerlogin-net web address.
- On the off chance if you are connected to multiple networks at the same time for instance, wired, wireless, VPN, or a corporate connection, you might not be able to access routerlogin-net web interface.
Need more troubleshooting tips to fix Routerlogin-net not working error? Have a look below:
- Do you have pop-up blockers, firewalls, and ad-blocking software? If yes, disable them temporarily.
- Power cycle your Netgear router, modem, and your WiFi-enabled devices including desktops, laptops, iPhones, tablets, and gaming consoles.
If none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips resolve routerlogin-net not working issue, perform a factory reset process.
Note: After you factory reset your Netgear router, any personalized router settings and configurations that you made will be lost. Also, your router’s username, password, WiFi network name (SSID), and security settings will also be deleted after the factory reset process.
After factory resetting your Netgear device, log in using the default router’s IP address or routerlogin-net web address and the default username and password.
- Once the Netgear Genie setup page displays, click on ADVANCED.
- Post that, under the Router Information option, make sure that your router’s IP Address (default) is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- To prevent further routerlogin-net not working issue, make sure that the firmware of your Netgear device is up-to-date:
- Click on Advanced > Router Update > Check.
- If new firmware version is available, click on Yes to update it.
Pro Tip: If you have a Netgear extender then updating its firmware is equally important to fix many big issues with it. Not only this but also completing Netgear extender setup will help you in getting the most out of your device and it’s WiFi.
That’s how you can fix routerlogin-net not working issue. Now, you can access all the settings of your Netgear router with ease. Just in case, you are still struggling with the same issue, contact our experts via comments and get to know how to fix routerlogin-net not working issue without any delay.